Knitters and fibre-lovers! Saturday, April 25 is the day we Frolic in Toronto! Board the bus in Kingston or Belleville (you can knit while someone else drives!), arrive at the Japanese Cultural Centre for the 18th Annual Knitters Frolic, and for a $6 admission fee, shop from over 50 vendors, take an afternoon workshop (separate registration required), have a break at the Frolic cafe, and then snooze on the bus back to Belleville/Kingston! Your ticket includes:
- A return one-day journey from Kingston/Belleville to the Japanese Cultural Centre in Toronto in a chartered coach with a washroom on-board, and luggage space for all your purchases (If only we could all fit in Lil Dorothy!)
- Ample time to shop over 50 yarn and fibrecraft vendors under one roof, such as FleeceArtist and The Purple Purl.
- An opportunity to enroll in several Saturday afternoon workshops, such as Slipped Stitch Colourwork led by Kate Atherley or River Rock Scarf led by Sivia Harding (separate registration required).
- Time to take a break at the Frolic Cafe for a snack.
- A goodie bag for every passenger!
The Details: The bus departs Kingston at 08:00 sharp Saturday, April 25 2015 from the “Toys R Us” parking lot at Midland Ave at Princess Street. (Park your vehicle in the SW corner of the parking lot.) Please arrive by 07:45 for check-in.
The bus departs Belleville at approximately 08:45 Saturday, April 25 2015 from the Quinte Mall parking lot at lamppost No. 4.
The bus departs Toronto from the Japanese Cultural Centre at 17:15 sharp the same day. If you are enrolled in an afternoon workshop, it will end at 17:00 so you have a bit of time to get to the bus.
The bus is scheduled to return to the Quinte Mall in Belleville at approximately 20:00 and at Toys R Us in Kingston at 20:45 Saturday night.
Every passenger receives a goodie bag and a door prize ticket!
If you wish to enroll in a Saturday afternoon (12:30 to 17:00) workshop, please register yourself directly on the Knitters Frolic workshop page.
Don’t forget your knitting for the journey! And anything else you’ll need during the day (e.g. medications, water bottle, etc.). The bus will make a comfort stop along the way.
Read the Knitters Frolic FAQs.
Refund Policy: This trip is non-refundable after April 9, 2015.